Wednesday, February 28, 2007

TRJ #2---Correspondence between Carina and Mia Thermopolis

TRJ #2---Correspondence between Carina and Mia Thermopolis
When I first read this book, it reminded me of ‘The Princess Diaries.’ It was the first thing I had in my thoughts that this book is very similar to ‘The Princess Diaries’ series I enjoy reading. The way it is written was familiar with slang and jargons the characters are using to tell their stories. It was also similar that it was a form of the protagonists are also the narrators, telling their stories. Princess Carina in ‘The Princess & the Pauper’ and Mia Thermopolis in ‘The Princess Diaries’ are very alike. Although Carina, the princess of Vineland, has been living all her life knowing that she is a princess and lived in a castle, and Mia has known that she is a princess of Genovia only for several months, the similarities between Princess Carina and Mia Thermopolis are that they are about a same age, both high school-aged teenagers, and that they have best friends, Ingrid and Lilly Moscovitz respectively. They have pet cats, and they hardly ever be with their fathers. I can see that they both love their family. In Mia’s story, it is very obvious to know that she cares about her family. Carina doesn’t seem like caring much about her family, but I knew that she loves her family to see her always being upset and disappointed to see her father away again so long. Plus, both Carina and Mia have perfect mother, and they are like good friends to Carina and Mia. Carina’s mother spends her night hanging out and watching movies and TV shows with Carina when Carina’s father is away. Mia’s mother always cheers Mia up when she is depressed and stressed by her princess duties.
I think it is fun to see two books that are similar. I think this would be a fun book to read if I seek for more similarities between ‘The Princess Diaries.’

1 comment:

Sarah C♡ said...

I have never read this book, but I understand the story of it because I read The Princess Diaries. I think you did a good job on corresponding the two characters. They seem to have very similar characteristics.